“We enable you to live independently longer”
Christian Homes Tasmania’s (CHT) Community Care program provides a range of support programs to assist you to live at home longer.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our focus is to offer you high quality, reliable care provided by a team of support staff who are committed to working in their own local community.
CHT provide specialised Community and Home Care support services to help you stay safe and independent in your own home. We recognise that looking after yourself as you become older can become difficult, especially with the many tasks that require attention around the home and keeping yourself healthy too. This is when CHT Community Care can provide the additional help and support you may need.
The Community Care team can assist you with a range of home and community care services from minimal assistance such as extra help with personal care, household tasks, meals and shopping, through to more complex care support needs from our Nursing and Allied Health staff.
Care and Support we Offer
- Personal Care Services: assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication.
- Domestic Assistance: assistance with a wide range of domestic duties including house cleaning, assistance with shopping, meal preparation as well as linen changing, washing and ironing.
- Social Support: assists people to participate in community life and develop social connections through group-based activities, outings, respite for primary carers
- Nutrition, Hydration, Meal Preparation and Diet: assistance with preparing meals, including special diets for health, religious, cultural or other reasons.
- Continence Management: assistance in using continence aids and appliances such as disposable pads and absorbent aids, commode chairs.
- Mobility and Dexterity: walking frames, walking sticks, mechanical devices for lifting, slide sheets, sheepskins, tri-pillows, pressure-relieving mattresses and assistance with the use of these aids.
- Nursing/Clinical Co-Ordination and Medication Management: comprehensive nursing assessments, liaising with GP and other Health Professionals, Specific Care Plans to individual needs, medication administration and monitoring/supervision.
- Other Clinical Services: referral to other specialist health and well-being services as required such as Continence Advisor, Dietician, Podiatry, and support to hearing and vision services (fees may apply).
- Allied Health: Occupational or Physiotherapy services such as assessments, recommendations for equipment, exercise programs and follow up assessment post fall, as well as access to other specialist health and well-being services as required (fees may apply).
- Transport and Personal Assistance: assistance with shopping, visiting health practitioners, attending social activities and appointments.
- Management of Skin Integrity: assistance with dressings, skin and wound care.
- Gardening and Maintenance: assistance to maintain your garden and safety in the home.
Schedule of Fees
CHT wishes for you to have maximum funds available in your package to cover the services and products you require and we will work with you and/or your representative to enable the most out of your funds. We focus on supporting your health, well-being and independence by providing you services from basic gardening, domestic assistance, personal care and transport to and from appointments and shopping through to the more complex support services such as nursing and allied health. Detailed below is the “how much” and “what for” CHT will retain from your monthly government subsidy to deliver your care package. Package management is the ongoing administration and organisational activities associated with ensuring the smooth delivery and management of your package. CHT deduct travel time from your package. Travel is calculated as per the relevant fees for the services being provided.
Home Care Pricing Schedule
If you are accessing Government funded aged care services for the first time, you will need to be registered and assessed to determine your level of care needs. Contact My Aged Care via the contact centre on 1800 200 422 or visit the website myagedcare.gov.au
If you need assistance with this registration our Manager Community Care can also help you understand the eligibility criteria and the Australian government assessment processes.